Neath Inspired Anti-social Behaviour Project
Anti-Social Behaviour August 2018
- Inspector Roy Portlock and Sergeant John McCumsky are leading on initiatives to reduce anti-social behaviour in Neath Town Centre.
- Operation Tesla still ongoing – daily all town patrols with extra Police [now 2 teams x 2] and PCSO’s [now 2 teams x 2] including schools’ officers, operating in a reduced area, comprising Neath Town Centre and the Melin.
- Section 35 Notices are being used to disperse ASB also recently ASBO’s against criminal behaviour.
- Rhys Thomas is a new and proactive PCSO.
- Some targeted ASB actions are being taken against prolific individuals.
- Targeted areas for increased patrols: Train Station [with BTP], Victoria Gardens, Blue Bridge over railway.
- County Links Drugs operation on-going.
- New links have been forged with British Transport Police, who have started to “buy in” to reducing ASB in the Train Station area.
- Sergeant McCumsky has initiated an “Enforcement Day” each month where a sniffer dog and “Auto Facial Recognition” van/camera are used [6 people arrested so far].
- Mounted Police also deployed.
- Initiative with Wilko to discourage shoplifting now finished. Boots & M&S to take part next.