Claim for your employees’ wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
General information about the scheme
- To be eligible for CJRS an employer must agree with the employee that they are a ‘furloughed worker’.
- Employees must be notified that they have been furloughed.
- Employees must be furloughed for a minimum of three weeks.
- The employee cannot do any work for the employer that has furloughed them.
- You can claim 80% of wages up to a maximum of £2,500 per month per furloughed employee.
- A separate claim is needed for each PAYE scheme.
- You can only claim for furloughed employees that were on your PAYE payroll on or before 19 March 2020.
- An RTI submission notifying payment in respect of that employee to HMRC must have been
- made on or before 19 March 2020.
- You must have a UK bank account.
A detailed step by step guide for employers:
Control & Click Below
HMRC have requested your support to keep their lines open for those who need help the most.
Do not call them unless you have an issue that cannot be resolved using their guidance or webchat facility.
If you are an employee speak to your employer if you have any questions. HMRC are not able
to provide information on individual claims.